Friday, May 13, 2011

Let's Try This Again

A funny thing happened on the way to the Internet...well, okay, maybe it's not that funny.

The last time I posted here I had just gotten back online after a long absence of several months.  I even made a comment that hopefully that might be my last online absence for a while.  Everything was working great.  I was ecstatic.

The good times were over as quickly as they began.  About two and a half days into my triumphant return, my Internet connection started acting a little buggy.  It was dropping out and slowing down.  After three days, I couldn't connect to the Internet at all.  It seemed like the problem was with the ISP and I tried to work with them to resolve the problem, but it just wasn't happening.  I finally discovered that the problem was on my end with my computer -- specifically, I think my network card might have kicked the bucket.

Rather than put any more money into my old computer, I decided to wait a bit and get a new one.  Problems led to delays, and now here we are a month older.  All the pieces finally fell into place yesterday and I'm back again.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.

3 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

...and then Blogger goes tits-up for two days...

No more excuses, Duane. Get back on this internet and STAY on! ;)

Welcome back. Again.

fdtate said...

Lord knows I'm trying, but I think there's some kind of conspiracy to keep me off.

Carly said...

Howdy Duane :)

SOOOOOOOOOOO good to have you back! I was just reading about your latest adventures! WHEW! Glad everyone is ok, and glad you are doing well! Congratulations on the puter!