Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Never Stop"

In the 1980s, Echo and the Bunnymen were pretty big deals in their native England, but were never able to achieve much more than a cult following here.  Their dark, moody sound threw me off when I first heard them, but I learned to love them.  This song is one of their best.  In this performance, recorded at Royal Albert Hall in 1983, the basic quartet is joined by a host of other musicians in order to achieve the sound of the studio version.  I love the way the intro draws you in...




Lyrics | Echo And The Bunnymen lyrics - Never Stop lyrics

An incredible case of serendipity:  I had no idea when I first posted this in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, but Echo and the Bunnymen have reunited for a new album, The Fountain.  If you click the link above, you'll go to the band's home page and hear their new single, "Think I Need It Too."  They'll be appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC) on October 23 in the middle of a small American tour.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: