Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Assignment: Writers or Actors?

Karen's latest Weekend Assignment...

Weekend Assignment: #281: Who has a greater impact on your decision to go to a movie or watch a tv show, the actors you see on the screen, or the behind the scenes writers, producers and/or directors?
Extra Credit: Who is your favorite actor?


Aren't they both important? Doesn't one group complement the other? I'd lean toward the writers, producers and directors, but my set of favorites would be small. The actors would influence my decision, but the material, the kind of movie or show it is would influence me the most. I'd rather see Kevin Costner in Dances with Wolves than The Bodyguard.

I'm not sure about a favorite actor. I have many. Give me someone who doesn't revert to the same character in every movie they appear in. Give me someone who can appear in a wide range of movies, someone like a Gene Hackman or a Robert Duvall, comfortable in almost any role.

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

(Reposting this comment due to typos)

Brief you may be, but you make good points about team effort/synergy and about actor versatility. Thanks!