Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crossing My Fingers

My monitor died early this week. It was my computer monitor, not a lizard, but it was still a traumatic experience. Once upon a time, not so very long ago, I had a couple of extra monitors lying around, but, of course, I got rid of them and didn't have one when I needed it. Typical.

After asking around at work and getting nowhere, someone suggested the local thrift store. The thrift store? I finally got a day off and checked it out and sure enough they had a few. They didn't look all that hot, but they were cheap. I grabbed the biggest one, which looked about the same size as my dead one, and headed for the door. Turns out it's a bit bigger than my old monitor. We'll see how long it lasts.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Hi Duane :)

Goodness... you have had more than your share of bad luck with the electronics in your life! Maybe we need to do some kind of electronic exorcisim to drive the evil gremlins out! Whadda think? LOL. Hope you and the new monitor get along for a long time together.

;)

Carly