Thursday, December 18, 2008

Idiots

So I'm a news junkie, but my tastes tend toward the political. I don't pay much attention to celebrity news or the offbeat human interest stories. I'm not even sure why I clicked on the story about the supermarket that wouldn't write "Adolph Hitler" on a birthday cake. I think it was just curiosity, wondering who in the hell was celebrating Adolph Hitler's birthday, and wondering if it was, in fact, Adolph Hitler's birthday. I forgot to get him anything last year.

As it turns out, two twisted individuals have scarred their young son for life by naming him Adolph Hitler Campbell. My favorite part of the story? This tidbit...
Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name."
Well, duh, Sherlock. Did you ever stop to think there might be a reason for that? It bad enough to name a poor helpless kid Adolph, but making Hitler his middle name ranks right up there with leaving the kiddies in the car with the windows rolled up in the middle of August while you pick up a few items in the store. But if you're going to name him that you might as well plaster the full name in icing on the tyke's birthday cake.

No comments: