Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mixxed News

This is an experiment to see how well I can use stuff from Mixx in my blog. You might remember (or probably don't care) that I once belonged to Digg. Somewhere along the line, I got tired of it and started casting about for another similar site. I ended up on Mixx. One of the problems with Digg was finding a way to use it with the blog that I liked.

I read a lot of news articles and blog posts and I like to save stuff that strikes me as particularly newsworthy. Mixx is a good place to do the saving. I never know when I might decide to highlight a story like "Lesbians vs. lesbians" or go back and find something from a few days or weeks ago that relates to something going on now...or post an occasional page of headlines. Whenever I see something I like, I submit it to Mixx. There's a social networking component, but I don't care too much about that. The main thing I'm after is the ability to make an archive of stories I find interesting.

So this is an experiment to see how easily I can cut and paste a page of Mixx submissions with some extraneous comments thrown in. Let me know what you think about it...

Subscribe to fdtate's RSS Feed RSS

Page:

No comments: