One of the most enjoyable lists is the New York Time's list of the Notable Op-Eds of the Year. Some very good reading here, including...
- the story of the Swiss Army accidentally invading neighboring Liechtenstein
- former U.S. attorney David Iglesias giving his version of why he was fired
- Anita Hill answering claims made by Clarence Thomas in his autobiography
- a local describing how the Virginia Tech shootings affected the people of Blacksburg
- the story of the last surviving veteran of World War I
- summaries and excerpts of Chinese Harry Potter counterfeits
- a group of soldiers describing "The War as We Saw It"