Thursday, November 22, 2007

Digg This

Maybe I'm just turning into an old codger, but you can add social networking sites to the list of things I just don't get. The wife has been trying to get me to start a MySpace page, but so far I've passed on the proposition. It just strikes me as odd to pimp yourself out to see how many "friends" you can get on your page. That said, I've joined Digg, a social networking site.

The cool thing about Digg is that you surf the web, then when you see something you really like, you "Digg It" or add it to your list of links. If someone beats you to the link, you just add your Digg to theirs. There's supposed to be some sort of networking function there, but I just don't get it. But the coolest news stories, blog entries, videos, etc. I run across on the web end up there on my profile page.

If you're already on Digg, you can add me as your friend...or not. If you're not there yet, but it sounds like your cup of tea, consider this an invitation from me. Or just go to the homepage to check it out for yourself.

If you'd like to check in from time to time to see what I'm Digging, you can find my page link on the sidebar to the right.

No comments: